Monday, September 10, 2012

What purpose does journalism serve in your life?


Journalism provides the public with information of current events across the glob. Human instinct causes hunger for new knowledge. For people like me, who are emerging into adulthood, journalism may give them a feeling of maturity. Journalism allows me to know what is going on without having to hear about it through someone else. Of course I will still obtain information through other people, but by reading a newspaper or watching the news, I am able to retain more by learning it for myself. As I've gotten older, I've realized the importance of being up to date on the news. By being into date; I can participate in community and public affairs. Most of my classes this semester revolve around the news, so journalism gives me the ability to participate in class. If I'm not aware of events occurring at the time, I cannot contribute to class discussion. Also, this being my first year to participate in the elections, it is important for me to learn which presidential candidate's values reflect my own. By watching the news and reading newspapers, I can decide whom my vote is going to based on the knowledge obtained through journalism. Journalism serves as a way of gaining knowledge and maturity in my life.
Click here for more information on the purpose of journalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment